[argyllcms] Re: Colprof error - can't open AdobeRGB1998.icc -- MacOS Lion -- Answered

  • From: Phil Cruse <pcruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 17:29:09 +0000

Hi Mark,
Glad you figured it out!
Very easy to get this error!
What I do now, is make a folder for each paper type (eg "Ilford_satin"), inside
"Argyll" folder, and copy the Adobe profile into this, and work from this. So
when I start, I type
 "cd argyll/Ilford_satin"
All the working files needed by Argyll (chart data, profiles, etc) should be in
the same place. The clever programme stuff lives in "bin".
When the profile is cooked, you should copy it to the
"Library/ColorSync/Profiles" folder for Photoshop (or whatever) to see it.
Printing from Photoshop is best, with "Photoshop Manages Color", then select
your new profile.
Some info on my site:
http://www.colourphil.co.uk/photoshop-print.html

Cheers