[argyllcms] Re: Colorport CGATS to Argyll CTI3 conversion utility

  • From: "Gerhard Fuernkranz" <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:05:03 +0100 (MET)

Graeme,

I've noticed, that V0.53 seems to choose a too light "black" for perceptual
intent (noticeably lighter than the darkest reproducible neutral L*, at the
relcol. [a*,b*]==[0,0] locus), which also results eventuelly in a "washed
out" or low-contrast appearance. This seems not to happen in previous
versions - their perceptual intent renders black darker. I haven't yet
attempted to analyze the root cause. Might it be related to the skewed
perceptual gray axis issue, I had discussed with you? Did you probably
already include some changes regarding this issue in 0.53, which might lead
to the behaviour we see now?

Regards,
Gerhard

--