[argyllcms] Re: Colormunki Windows Driver

  • From: darkbasic <darkbasic4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 20:08:10 +0100

In data sabato 09 gennaio 2010 05:53:30, Graeme Gill ha scritto:
> Of course the main usability problem is the need to boot using F8 all the
>  time.
>
> A (more secure) workaround is to self sign the drivers and run the system
>  in test mode, but (using the developer tools) this is a little involved.
>
> There are some tools out there to self sign more easily (ie. "Driver
>  Signature Enforcement Overrider"
>  <http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=dseo>), but being binaries it's hard
>  to be sure that such tools don't contain something malicious or illegal
>  (ie. like copies of Microsoft's developer tools.)

I tried booting with signing checking disabled but I got a BSOD, so I
downloaded "Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider".
I disabled UAC, I owerwrote libusb0* and I enabled test mode, then I rebooted.
Finally I self-signed colormunki* and libusb* and I rebooted again.
I still cannot install the drivers (they seem to be still not signed).
How can I solve?

Cheers,
Darkbasic