[argyllcms] Re: ColorMunki measurement drift

Le 28/09/2010 06:08, Juergen Lilien a écrit :

> Thanks for testing!
> I would consider the temperature of a CRT tube as very cool (isolating
> vacuum), compared to a LCD screen with backlight, so I'm really
> astonished that even with a CRT there is such a long lasting drift.

there is no isolating vacuum as regards the front of the CRT,
which is heated by the electron beam : the phosphor is very far
from a 100% efficiency, so for each watt of light emitted, there are
8 or 10 watts of heat first stored in the front glass, then dissipated
in the atmosphere ... and the spectrometer.

--
Jean-Pierre Vial