[argyllcms] Color laser printer profiling

  • From: Frédéric Mantegazza <frederic.mantegazza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:54:04 +0100

Hello,

At work, I can print on 2 color laser printers; a Dell, and a Canon. Both
give very bad results; one has strange blue, the other strange green/red.
I do not print photos on these printers, but even graphics look hugly.

Is there a simple way to profile them? I have a low price scanner, which
can be use for that purpose. Could I use the same technic as for ink jet
printers? Do you have recommendations?

Last, once the profile is done with Argyll, how do I use it through Cups?
Does anyone has experience with that printer driver? If not, I'll ask a
the cups list.

Thanks,

--
   Frédéric