[argyllcms] Re: Can anyone help me with iccexamin?

  • From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 20:45:13 +0100 (CET)

Am 10.02.08, 11:15 -0600 schrieb Leonard Evens:

> On Sun, 2008-02-10 at 08:36 +0100, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> > Am 09.02.08, 18:38 -0600 schrieb Leonard Evens:
> >
> > > Thanks to new configure scripts from Kai-Uwe Behrmann, I solved part of
> > > my problem building iccexamin.   But it still complains that it can't
> > > find argyll.  I think I understand the problem better.  I downloaded the
> > > binaries linked to here previously for argyll-0.70 beta 8, but to build
> > > iccexamin, I apparently need more.  It tells me to include in
> >
> > ICC Examin can not any longer search to link against argyll-0.70 due to a
> > license change in ArgyllCMS.
> > Therefore I implemented a generic gamut rendering in ICC Examin. iccgamut
> > from Argyll is used on ocassion, e.g. if available.
> > I will avoid the warnings about argyll for the final release.
> >
> > If in the end of configure you'd get a "Makefile". As it is generated,
> > just try to build the application with the normal make command.
> > In case of some unsolveable problem no Makefile should be generated. This
> > is the same behaviour as with autotools scripts.
>
> I did get a Makefile, but make yielded the following error messages.
>
> Compiling icc_oyranos_extern.c ...
> In file included from icc_oyranos_extern.c:30:
> icc_oyranos_extern.h:35:29: error: oyranos/oyranos.h: No such file or
> directory
> icc_oyranos_extern.h:36:33: error: oyranos/oyranos_icc.h: No such file
> or directory
> make: *** [icc_oyranos_extern.o] Error 1

Ah, one of the last builds without Oyranos. You might outcomment the lines
35 and 36 in icc_oyranos_extern.h to continue the build.

> I don't have oyranos, but the INSTALL instructions say it is optional.
> If you can suggest how to modify the Makefile so it compiles, I will try
> it.

Oh yes, I have to update this for the final version. The mandatory
requirement for Oyranos will be a change.

> With version 0.44,  make did work although I got the error messages
> below.  I don't understand the c++ messages, but I presume they are
> innocuous.  The resulting binary iccexamin appears mostly to work except
> for the font error messages I mentioned earlier.  Also, I can't figure
> out what is supposed to happen when trying to compare gamuts. I can only
> show one profile at a time, as I noted earlier.

You are talking about the pre version 0.45_rc4?

On Sat, 2008-02-09 at 19:42 +0100, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> The profiles should be selectable by picking up multiple ones in the file
> chooser, as arguments from the command line or by dropping them in.

What says the "Gamut selector" window? It should show all profiles. Left
of their names reside buttons to activate them. Rigth of each name is a
slider to adjust opacity.
The "Gamut selector" appears with the 3D view eigther from the Menu:
Windows -> Gamut  or by the Strg-H shortcut.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management