[argyllcms] Camera input profiles and gamma correction.

I have built camera profiles using ufraw and argyll.

I developed the raw image of my Wolf Faust C1 target twice, once using
gamma/linearity settings of 0.45/0.1 (gamma 2.2), the other using
gamma/linearity settings of 1.0/0.0. The developed images were saved as 16bit
TIF.

I take it, therefore, that the first image was gamma corrected, and the second
was not gamma corrected.

After measuring the target images with scanin, I created LUT profiles with
colprof, using these parameters - -qh -al -bn

I tested the new profiles in ufraw.

Results:

Using the profile made from gamma-corrected target, images appear linear
(histrogram skewed left) unless I use ufraw gamma correction (ie gamma and
linearity sliders at 0.45 and 0.1).

Using the profile made from the non gamma-corrected image, images appear gamma
corrected without ufraw gamma correction (ie gamma and linearity sliders at 1
and 0).

Can someone help me better understand what is happening?

Paul