[argyllcms] Calibrating a projector with a X-Rite DTP92

  • From: Frédéric <frederic.mantegazza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:55:10 +0100

Hello,

Last night, Mike and I made some tests to calibrate a video-projector,
using a X-Rite DTP92 colormeter.

Pictures need to be over-saturated to look good when displayed on that
projector, and this is what the profile does. On mid-saturated pictures,
the results are pretty good. But on pictures containing already saturated
areas, the results are very bad, especially in the red channel (the area
is burned).

Looking at the profil using iccexamin first shows that the LUT is strangely
corrected. The red and blue channels do not start from zero, but from 0.15
and 0.07 repectively :o/ It can easily be seen on a black desktop
background, which becomes dark-red once the lut is loaded by dispwin.

Do you have any ideas/experiences of the problem? Do you think the DTP92
can't be used for such calibration? Is it very different from the DTP94,
which gives good resultat on projectors? Maybe there is a piece of
hardware missing on the 92, like a IR filter or so?

Any suggestion welcome.

Thanks,

PS: I can post the profile and/or iccexamin screenshots...

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org