[argyllcms] Re: CMYK and linux

  • From: Geert Janssens <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 12:09:09 +0200

Ah, ok. I won't have time for a different compile right now. I hope I can try
that later.

But I see now that Cinepaint does preserve CMYK. The channels panel displays
Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black for a CMYK image. Gimp does not. So that is
already something.

However, my version of Cinepaint incorrectly displays the CMYK image. It seems
to me as if it uses the CMYK channels as if they were RGBA. The image has
really weird colors, and a lot of it is transparent (Black channel
interpreted as alpha ?).

Is this normal behaviour for the default Cinepaint application ? And this is
not in the oyranos edition ?

Regards,

Geert

--