[argyllcms] Re: CMP Digital Target 3 chart recognition file

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 10:34:32 +1100

Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
Yes, but does this matter? We want the reference file to match right?

It matters because there wasn't a whole lot else to go on. While
you may get a reference when you buy a chart, there isn't one
on the website (that I can see), so it's kind of hard to know
what to expect. The normal expectation would be that the reference
patch ID's match what's printed on the chart. The worst
possibility is that the reference chart varies in what
it labels the patches, depending on whether the operator
remembers to hit the right switch in X-Rite ProfileMaker
when they measure it.

Having a mismatch will then trigger various queries ("why is
the patch labelling wrong") when someone looks at the scanin
diagnostics, etc.