[argyllcms] Re: CC Profiles In X Specification and dispwin

Leonard Evens wrote:
> I clearly still don't understand some things, so please be patient with
> me.  Just what is the distinction between the calibration" and
> "profile". I looked at my profile with iccdump, and it contains a
> whole lot of information with the last three tags being rTRC, gTRC, and
> bTRC.

Only the VCGT (video card gamma table) tag in the ICC profile contains
the "calibration" information which will be loaded into the device.

All other tags are "profile" data, i.e. color characterization data
describing the behavior of the device (as it behaves with the
calibration loaded). The tags rTRC, gTRC, and bTRC are part of the
"profile" information too. They are not loaded into the graphics card,
but I guess they could be used to set the XDCCC_LINEAR_RGB_CORRECTION
property for XCMS.

Regards,
Gerhard