[argyllcms] Re: Black-/White-Level Observer Dependency?

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:06:33 +0200

>>> so trusting any calibration utility to set D65 using the 10 degree
observer is likely to give meaningless results

Does that mean that we need to find our targets in the XYZ.10 color space
(correct xy coordinates for the D65 white and new may be different
definitions for the gamma curves as well?) if we want to use this FOV10
observer?
So, we can't use the CIE D65 xy coordinates which are based on the standard
observer. (And the CMS software should also support this observer.)

After all, I think I will simply ignore this new observer setting in the
future.