[argyllcms] Re: Awful result with Argyll 1.3.5 + dispcalGUI 0.8 + i1Display Pro & Dell U2711 :-(((

  • From: "Fabrizio Giudici" <Fabrizio.Giudici@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Magnus Berg" <magnus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 17:25:59 +0100

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 16:39:02 +0100, Magnus Berg <magnus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm far from an expert, frankly I don't know much at all about color
profiling, but I have tested and learned that my monitor NECn MultiSync
2690WUXi2 needs all 2386 patches to show a good 'LUT + matric' result.
(The hole calibrating/profiling process takes 4 hours with my Spyder 3.
;-) 1 hour warm up, approximately 1 hour calibration, approximately 2
hours profiling.)

Does it choose autonomously the 2386 patches? Or are you using an explicit parameter (please share your parameters, BTW). So far, it never used more than about 80 in calibration and about 800 in characterization.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."