[argyllcms] Re: Awful result with Argyll 1.3.5 + dispcalGUI 0.8 + i1Display Pro & Dell U2711 :-(((

  • From: "Fabrizio Giudici" <Fabrizio.Giudici@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Paolo Avezzano" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 12:18:24 +0100

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 09:15:24 +0100, Paolo Avezzano <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Isn't it just the Standard preset on OSD menu?
My U2711 have one.

I don't have a Standard mode on my monitor, but three color presets. The first run I did a few weeks ago was with the 6500K preset. As usual, it's not precise, but it seemed not too far from the right point. Argyll wasn't able to produce a good profile in that setting, but a pinkish one (i1Profiler was fine). It's also true that in the meantime I changed settings, and perhaps I should retry. But I don't see the advantage. Indeed, the job for the software is easier when the white point is closer to the desired target.

In any case, the latest profile that I talked about yesterday was a big improvement. The things I'm studying now is the different rendering with shadows, which now have many more details. I just want to be sure it's correct (the visual test on gray bands seems fine, I'm going to measure the 16 dark grays with the colorimeter), because this will have me to re-process a number of lo-key photos.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."