[argyllcms] Re: Autotools again...

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <blackfive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 14:26:03 +0100

Hi,

Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

An additional point is the name conflict with littleCMS about icclink. Can you make the installation of icclink optional untill the issue might be solved otherwise (like renaming)?

Ah - I hadn't considered that clash. I'll see what I can do.

Since argyll's equivalent of tifficc if cctiff, perhaps cclink would be a suitable replacement name?

Greame,
would you consider taking these changes into your package and allow an double build system? It would help accepting your package for distributors on Linux.

There are no changes at all to the actual source code in this package, so that would be do-able.

If Graeme doesn't want to pollute his own tree with autotools files, then just including the tarball alongside the other download options would be sufficient...

I have a slight ulterior motive in this: in the next development cycle of the Gutenprint project we're going to want to do some work regarding colour management. What shape that will take we don't yet know, but it'll be a lot easier if Argyll is packaged and available for our target platforms in the meantime! :)

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson