[argyllcms] Re: Argyllcms 1.0.1 packaged in fedora-devel

  • From: "edmund ronald" <edmundronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 08:21:11 +0200

Ben,

Actually the next version of *my* code will use *exactly* the same
version of any library as the previous one, as I have decided together
with my associates that the Linux platform is now moving too fast for
us to track the changes, particularly as we only have minimal
manpower. So just as Graeme is resorting to static linking, I have
decided to resort to a virtualized working version of Linux as a huge
static library.

I'll be distributing my package bundled with an OS as a virtual
device. People like VMWare or Xen earn their living by ensuring that
this big virtual device package still runs on the host system,
whatever changes Frederic and Co make to the host system.

Distribution authors have let Linux get fragmented - look at the
zillions of installers and build systems out there. They've had their
IPOs. It's time we had our revolt.

Edmund