[argyllcms] Re: Argyllcms 1.0.1 packaged in fedora-devel

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 02:06:53 +1000

Frederic Crozat wrote:

Well, who said we introduced a bug in Argyllcms ?

Have you tested with an Eye-One pro ?

And while you may have patched your libusb, the source code
has to defend against others who have not.

I made sure to contact people who had issue with your first patch on
libusb, when I tried to integrate it in cooker some months ago.
Fortunately, those issue were corrected so I integrated your patch in
our cooker libusb and I had to disable your ugly code check in
argyllcms (which, btw, is wrong, since unpatched argyllcms running on
a  non-argyllmcsified libusb will not even be started, since a symbol
will be missing (and you won't see the "expected" error message).

As intended, but it also picks up a similar issue with the MSWindows
version at run time.

I still think it is extremely ugly to do this kind of hack, without
any previous warning to distributions like us. I discovered this while
packaging argyllcms 1.0.0 and manually diffing your patched copy of
libusb with a "upstream" libusb.

You were warned, last time we had this discussion. You wouldn't
see this issue if you used Argyll as released.