[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS 1.3.2, spyder2 and usb problem - both Win and Lin

  • From: Kristian <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 11:28:11 +0100

On 26.11.2010 10:58, Sergey Artuh wrote:
Now I see this is a problem of Lenovo T510 Linux installation. I
inserted and booted from the same hard drive on a Lenovo T60 laptop
and device works fine. On T510 situation is strange: Linux usb device
read times out but Argyll running on a windows virtual machine (on
the same linux master which fails) understands Spyder2. I tried to
insert Spyder into a different usb slots (no other hardware attached)
without success, so I think this is a problem with linux usb driver
for a motherboard used in T510. Ok, now I can profile my display from
a virtual Windows machine even if this is weird.

I've the same problems with the Spyder2 Express and my ThinkPad T410 and an Arch Linux installation. I believe the ThinkPad has some kind of internal USB hub for all ports which the Linux driver doesn't like. Compared to my old HP Compaq (where the Spyder2 works), there's an additional "layer" when the device is analysed with udevadm.

Unfortunately, I've no solution for this problem on Linux, apart from buying new hardware. I haven't tried the workaround with a VM, though.

Kristian