[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS 1.3.2, spyder2 and usb problem - both Win and Lin

  • From: Kristian <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 17:12:25 +0100

On 26.11.2010 12:52, Graeme Gill wrote:
Most other colorimeters aren't as sensitive to the USB hardware. The
DTP94, i1 Display & Huey generally work with fewer USB type problems.

Which one of those has good value for money? The Spyder2 was ok for my needs. I don't need something for professionals, I just want to enhance the output of my (not so good) screens for some raw photo editing.

By the way, I tried accessing the Spyder2 on a Windows XP installation in VirtualBox and it works better than directly on Linux. The colorimeter is accessible, but dispcal crashes. It looks like this error: //www.freelists.org/post/argyllcms/Calibrating-display-in-VMWARE,11
The last lines are:
Doing some initial measurements
About to read patch 0
dispwin_set_color called
dispwin_set_ramdac called
dispwin_set_ramdac failed on SetDeviceGammaRamp()
set_ramdac() failed
--> Windows crash dialogue

Profiling seems to work, but the curve is a straight line. It looks like there's no chance to get this thing to work, hmm?

Kristian