[argyllcms] Re: Argyll colormunky and backlit printing

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 23:54:51 +1100

Diego Carra wrote:
> Another point is that I tried to use the chatread command with -e (emissive)
> option but Argyll
> continue to make 2 beep on reading.

Hi,

I can't say I've done much testing of the ColorMunki in scanning emission or
transmission
mode. Emission mode seems to go through the motions OK, but I notice that there
are
some calibration problems with transmission mode. I'll address them in a future
release, or I can upload a patches chartread if you are running on MSWin.

> This because probably I have to set the -T ratio option but what to put?

Hmm. Hard to say. The biggest difficulty I see is simply how physically
awkward the Munki is (It's much easier with an i1pro), but properly
lined up on a lightbox, I got valid strip reads without doing anything
special.