[argyllcms] Re: Argyll V1.3.4 released

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 10:27:02 +1000

Florian Höch wrote:
> Graeme, regarding the slower measurement speed of the ColorMunki
> Display, do you think this a hardware difference or maybe a difference
> in firmware? I'm just curious. I only know from one unofficial source
> which previously stated that they should be about the same (in speed)
> when used with the same software (ie. when using the ColorMunki with i1
> Profiler), but it seems that was just a rumor?

My guess is that the firmware adds about a 1 second delay to each
reading (or maybe imposes a minimum of 1 second per reading). The
instruments otherwise seem to operate identically, including the
integration time set, which is a lot less than 1 second.

So in terms of differentiating the two products, X-Rite have been
smart in making it something that a different driver can't overcome.