[argyllcms] Re: Argyll GUI

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 4:52 PM, Gerhard Gaußling <ggrubbish@xxxxxx> wrote:

> As I tied to describe in my earlier post it works now, but only by
> editing the makefile.linux, because on my ubuntu 8.04 hardy heron amd64
> box wxpropgrid 1.3.x compiled with other names then on your debian
> unstable box. I used the ubuntu wx dev packages, and I had, like you,
> not to compile wxwidgets from source.
>
> I got already /usr/local/lib in the /etc/ld/so.conf file, but the
> renamed libs aren't linked by the  ldconfig command (run as root by
> sudo). Therefore I decided to edit the makefile to my needs, and it
> compiled successfully.

I found time yesterday for testing argyllcmsgui.
This is on ubuntu hardy i386.
Here is my documentation for the building. Tested on two different machines.

After enable universe in the /etc/apt/source.file
I did:
$sudo aptitude install build-essential libwxbase2.8-0 libwxbase2.8-dev
libwxgtk2.8-0 libwxgtk2.8-dev wx-common wx2.8-headers

Downloaded  wxpropgrid-1.4.0-RC1-src.tar.gz from
http://wxpropgrid.sourceforge.net/
Installed as usual. ./configure;make ; sudo make install
After that was it necessary with an
$sudo ldconfig

Downloaded argyllcmsgui http://www.digifab.com/ArgyllCMSGUI
build with
$make --makefile=makefile.linux
and installed with
$sudo cp argyllgui /usr/local/bin/

There is a lot of problems however. The help window is empty. And many
of the functions is not working. Like clicking on  Argyll- view utilis
-Viewgam and nothing happens.

The path to the argyll bin folder is not stored either.