[argyllcms] Re: Argyll GUI

  • From: Gerhard Gaußling <ggrubbish@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 16:52:10 +0200

Am Sonntag, 10. August 2008 schrieb Frédéric:
> On dimanche 10 août 2008, Gerhard Gaußling wrote:
> > Maybe it's due to a change in wxpropgrid-1.3.8-src.tar.gz.
> > Your makefile.linux may expect to use the stable release
> > wxpropgrid-1.2.12-src.tar.gz instead? I don't know.
>
> I wrote this makefile on my linux debian sid (unstable) system. I
> used the dev. version (1.3.x) of wxpropgrid, because it can be
> compiled alone (without the complete wxwidgets build from source),
> using debian packages.
>
> But I think argyllCMSGUI can be compiled with the stable version as
> well; if you compile from source, there should not be any problem.
>
> It seems that you have linking problems. Try to add /usr/local/lib in
> the /etc/ld/so.conf file, and execute ldconfig command (as root);
> this should correct the problem.
>
> If it does not work, please send me the complete build log (in
> private); I'll try to help you.

As I tied to describe in my earlier post it works now, but only by
editing the makefile.linux, because on my ubuntu 8.04 hardy heron amd64
box wxpropgrid 1.3.x compiled with other names then on your debian
unstable box. I used the ubuntu wx dev packages, and I had, like you,
not to compile wxwidgets from source.

I got already /usr/local/lib in the /etc/ld/so.conf file, but the
renamed libs aren't linked by the  ldconfig command (run as root by
sudo). Therefore I decided to edit the makefile to my needs, and it
compiled successfully.

I'm now able to run argyllgui.

It comes to my mind, that it could be due to debug
header/libs/dev-packages I used. Is that a possible reason?
Because the libs aren't striped off the debug symbols?