[argyllcms] Re: An argyllcms version of the TC.918 target.

Lars,

I am all for Argyll supporting these popular but proprietary targets. I
suspect it would take Graeme all that long to do so. Probably better do it
ourselves, with a little bit of programming. But I think the way to do it is
to be able to generate a *.ti3 for TC9.18. So we could continue using the
same layout as Bill Atkinson designed, measure in MeasureTool and save out
into a ti3 format. But I would not know how :(

I still would value comparing TC918 with a similar Argyll-generated target
in VRML. I think the difference would speak for itself. And I would be
interested to see the difference in profile quality between the two
approaches. 

Hope to be able to take a look at your files soon!

Roger Breton 

> Sorry for not clearing that up that. I'm sure Gill's targen command is
> quite superior. But I don't think the rest of the world knows this.
> Let say someone in the local photo club asks me, if I can profile
> their printer. And I ask them, should I use a world class self made
> printer target or one that rest of the world use. I guess most of them
> will prefer the "rest of the world" version, especially when they know
> my world class operating system.  :-)
> I would continue to use targen myself and recommend  it to others.  My
> starting point was more it nice to have the possibility to read those
> "standard" targets. It is also a part of my learning process.
> 
> The creation of the  target was quite simple. I downloaded the
> colorlab utility. It runs on my linux box with wine. I read in the
> reference file and created a custom layout for it.
> 
> ******
> And back to the target, something is terrible wrong. :-) I have
> created a reference file for the freely available profilemaker
> measurements tool. I have installed this on one of the computers at my
> work.  It only works in left right direction with my ref file, but I
> get a deltaE about 0.05 better than argyll. I guess this confirm that
> my file is not so bad created, but maybe I can tweak the ti2 file a
> little more. I have added the files to the above address.
> 
> profile ­v  read_by_chartread (sample-luster.ti3)
> profile check complete, peak err = 4.363661, avg err = 0.938499
> 
> profile ­v read_by_profilmaker (sample-profilemaker.txt )
> profile check complete, peak err = 3.614479, avg err = 0.882414
> 
> Regards
> Lars Tore Gustavsen





Other related posts: