[argyllcms] Re: About Hi-Res spectral mode

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 07:22:21 +1100

Konstantin Pyanzin wrote:
P.S. I've compared high resolution spectral mode vs. normal spectral mode on
some
popular display types (CCFL- and LED-backlit; standard and wide gamut). There
was not
evident collorimetric difference between Hi-Res and Normal modes. Max deltaE
[CIE 1994]
was less than 0.3 P.P.S. I used an i1Pro (Rev. D).

On my CRT monitor I get DE's of:

        White   0.669815 '94: 0.635949
        Red     1.238462 '94: 0.482935
        Green   0.923645 '94: 0.306630
        Blue    1.372940 '94: 0.330161
        Cyan    0.608738 '94: 0.375159
        Magenta 1.117117 '94: 0.289138
        Yellow  0.856135 '94: 0.544060

Whether that is of any significance, depends on your context. If it is of no
consequence
to you, then I guess purchasing an instrument with 1 nm resolution is not on
your
agenda :-) [Note that I currently have no means of verifying whether the above
differences represent an improvement in accuracy of not.]