[argyllcms] Re: About Hi-Res spectral mode

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 01:05:34 +0200

I noticed it when I made my previous charts that the wavelength interval is
extended in HiRes mode and the curves seem "noisy" in that extra range.

I made new charts with the same set of measurements, this time from 11% and
22% white patches.
Both measurements were taken with HiRes mode, the first one with normal and
the other one with Adaptive mode.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/1084/43070804.png

As you can see, there is a noisy range between 360 and 400nm (and may be
between 730 and 740nm too).
I don't think it can make a significant difference when measuring light
color shades but may be it can significantly degrade the accuracy of the
low-light measurements in both normal HiRes and Adaptive HiRes modes.

I am not sure if it's a problem with my CM or a nasty thing of the plasma
display panel, but it looks like random noise for me. And given that it's in
a range which is normally clipped in Default mode, I guess it could be a
bug.