[argyllcms] Re: A few questions + an idea for spyd2.c (this time even more useless than before!)

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 18:12:34 +0300

> Anyway, I would like to ask you about 3 things:
> 1) Is there any option that would increase the profile quality even
> more than -qu? With -qm I get peak err = 2.808569, avg err = 0.511902,
> with -qu: peak err = 1.891550, avg err = 0.446999, so maybe with -qX
> (as in eXtreme) I would get 1.50? :). The calculation time with a LUT
> profile is very reasonable, even for the 'ultra' quality.

You should check Your profile by the other set of points, than the profile
built. In Your case You've got perfect match in the same points, as profile
created. You know nothing about the points between the point You measured. So,
for profile validation You should do the other set of other points, measure
this new set and compare this new *.ti3 with Your profile. It's will be real
check. IMHO.