[argyllcms] Re: 2$ white reflectance standard?

  • From: Ernst Dinkla <EDinkla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 17:59:00 +0100

Martin Weberg schreef:
2010/3/10 Ernst Dinkla <EDinkla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
To try it out I realised that there ought to be Teflon tape in the
workshop. There was.

You do not happen to have a link to a product description?

Martin Weberg

Martin,

I would like to see measurements of several brands from everywhere:-)

As long as the core is white plastic and the Teflon tape white. In the US there are tape varieties that are colored to prevent the use of the normal Teflon tape on oxygen gas bottles, tubing etc, the last should be yellow. In the UK that marking is done with colored cores. But i expect that white rolls are available everywhere.

The "Dutch" brands I measured are Griffon and Gastec. 4 qualities.

One of the Griffon qualities has the description:
BS 7786: Grade L 12mmx12mx0.076mm

Unitape (Gastec) Pressure or quality class 0.2 is another description
12mx0.1mm

There are Pro rolls of 19mm wide that may be more suitable for measurements but they are not available in every Home Depot, Praxis, Carrefour or a German equivalent of that.

I do not think there will be a difference between the measurements for the different qualities. One quality is for gas + water tubes, the other only for water.

Some references to the optical properties of PTFE:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polytetrafluoroethylene
halfway the page
http://physics.nist.gov/Divisions/Div844/facilities/specphoto/pdf/appendI.pdf
http://www.sphereoptics.com/standards-targets.htm

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,   Ernst

Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions

|      Dinkla Grafische Techniek      |
|         www.pigment-print.com        |
|                 ( unvollendet )                 |