[argyllcms] 1.1.0 RC - camera profiling

  • From: Iliah Borg <ib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 17:31:25 -0500

Dear listmembers,

I was checking today 1.1.0 RC1 vs. 1.0.4 for profiling cameras. As far as I can see 1.1.0 RC1 is performing much better. In regards to the recent discussion re precision of target data - it was irrelevant for 1.0.4 but I found it very relevant for 1.1.0 RC1 due to reduced errors in calculating black and white points as well as colorant values. I used CC24, SG and DC targets. The difference in quality between CC24 and SG is marginal. DC offers better profiles, however extreme care should be taken to avoid any flare when shooting the target.

To my opinion, currently Argyll CMS offers better camera profiles than any other non-spectral based solution I know of. My sincere congratulations to Mr. Gill.

--
Best regards,
IB