[arachne] Re: Pop3 mail from directory

  • From: Steve <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 11:52:07 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 3 Dec 2011, Sam Ewalt wrote:

Yes, but you are adept and knowledgeable--not an ordinary user.
And if you are doing WINE it certainly would be a lot easier to just
use Windows. (shudder the thought)

I'm not "doing" wine. My daughter needed to use proctoru.com which requires Shockwave. Her only computer has only Xubunutu 10.04.x LTS on it, so I attempted to figure out for her how to get that distribution to work with that site.

In the end she decided to either borrow someone's computer with the joke of an OS on it, or see if she could get a webcam to work with her machine at work.

  Easier to use Windows???  I'd sooner scratch my eyeballs out... and
THAT would not be easy AT ALL !!!
I've said it before, but it's been years, so I guess I can say it again. I do not have any machine with Redmondmalare on it, never have, never will. NEVER! (Actually, I did buy a thin client with XPe on the SSD, but I wiped it and put Debian on it, so the "never have" part is technically not accurate, but the reality still falls within the spirit of the statement.)

--
Steve Ackman
http://twoloonscoffee.com       (Need beans?)