[HG-PBEM] Weekly OOC Notes

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:20:13 -0600 (MDT)

Saturday, my computer was infected by a trojan that filled up my HDD. The
latest DAT file of McAffee could spot it. Fortunately, it was only memory
resident and only part of an email-- sent from DP9 believe it or not.
(That's why it fooled me. It had appropriate email headers and Marc
Vezina's -- DP9's chief editor -- email address. They have been having
trouble with email viruses, but this one was more deceptive. This time,
running Pegasus Mail instead of Outlook didn't save me.) Thankfully, I had
a recent backup, and I caught the trojan before my email data and HG-PBEM
data was overwritten, so nothing for the game has been lost. Overwrote
10GB in one minute though. Damn scary! Damn virus programmers! ....But,
all is fixed now.

Now, back to the game.... Silly me doesn't have the last posts for David
and Sebastian's scene or Griz, Scott and John's scene on the track. If any
of you have those, send them my way and continue them if your character
has inputs. We'll pick up from there. Otherwise, I won't have any posts
for those threads till tonight.

That's it for now. Questions or comments welcome as usual.

Thanks. Later.
Dennis D. Kirkpatrick
Littleton, CO USA