[HG-PBEM] Re: Warming up to the Track [OOC]

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 21:16:07 -0600
On 29 Apr 2003, at 20:55, John Guilfoyle wrote:

> > "Moving out of this section, you go through another corkscrew that ends
> > with a ramp jump that spans 25 meters. That shouldn't be too hard for any
> > of your gears if your speed is kept up. If you don't, well, you fall onto
> > a heavy chain net that you'll be forced to climb out of. There are two
> > other jumps every 100 meters. The last jump sends you flying into a tunnel
> > not unlike the short one on the last tract segement.
>
> PFFFWEEEEET! Time out. 25 METERS?! 75+ feet?! EEK!

Oops! You know, that's what happens when you don't have your
Tactical Duelist Handbook with you,... and you just spout off the top
of your //freaking// head. That is way too far for your gears.

Here's the Silhouette calculation, BTW--

(((Size + Walker Top MP -1) / Size) x 2) + 1 per MP greater than three

For Felix, that's (((6 + 8 - 1) / 6) x 2) + 10 = 14.333. That's only 14.3
meters. Let's change that to 10 meters (30+ feet).

Sorry and thanks for catching that. 25 meters just sounded like a good
round figure, NOT! 10 meters will also keep the threshold at 9 instead
of 22. Yeah right, a threshold of 22, my a**!

Again, sorry. I need some sleep or something, maybe a Hard Wateroot
Juice. I'll change the value in the next coming summary. Thanks John.