[HG-PBEM] Re: Warming up to the Track

  • From: "Grizzly" <irongrizzly@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:32:44 -0400

> > "Jory's right," Silas affirmed. "This tunnel is just over
> > four gears wide.  There is a lot of maneuvering room.
> > Expect heavy fire fighting and  melee combat here. Keavy
> > and Julliette, if you wanted a place to show  off your
> > vibrosword skills this is the place."
>
> Juliette examined the passage carefully, noting that while
> it looked innocuous enough, it was likely the most
> dangerous section of track yet. "We'll have to be careful
> of friendly fire in there," she transmitted to the rest of
> the group. "Things will be moving pretty fast in there."

"A good rocket barrage spread across the area would create on would create
one helluva an obstacle." Keavy imagined the explosions walking across the
inside of the tunnel.  "The same with dropped grenades."

> > "Billy and Shamus, this is where I would recommend that
> > you too get as much speed as your gears can pump out. The
> > track is wide enough that you should be able to maneuver
> > to pass any slower gears that got ahead of you in the
> > earlier segements." Silas' tone shifted. "Actually,
> > everyone should be carefull not to get caught in the
> > middle of a large pack in this segment, and you can bet
> > that every racer is going to try the same."
>
> "Bunching up will be asking for trouble," Juliette
> commented again. "Melee attacks would be effective, but
> that might simple provide a good group of targets for
> someone approaching from behind -- especially with a
> missile pack or an automatic weapon."

"But can you imagine what a pair of gears armed with Vibro rapiers could do
in that section?  Assuming that they are properly coordinated."  Keavy was
really beginning to feel good about this race.  At the very least she would
not be alone out there.  There would be others watching her back.  "We'll
have to make sure to scatter the opposition a bit before reaching this point
though.  Just to make sure that none of us are shot in the back."

Griz