[HG-PBEM] Re: Tina Checking out....

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:24:19 -0600 (MDT)

Robb Neumann said:

> "Please get to the point, doctor," Tina answered.  "Do you detect
> anything abnormal?"

The Doctor Lania frowned slightly. "Though, the same GREL bedside manners, I
see." The woman took a control pad off the wall and moved toward the
holographic image. "By the way, you can sit up now if you wish."

Tatsugoro began manipulating the controls on the wireless pad. Tina's
image shifted and changed as the hologram slowly showed her skeletal frame
and then her internal organs and back again, the forward face of the
hologram bisecting her left to right.

"As you can see," Lania addressed. "There is no bomb or other foreign
device present in you body, so we can rule that out." Tina's image shrunk
in size and a large virtual diplay screen appeared, dipicting DNA chains
and rows of chemical values. "In addition, our fluid and tissues tests
didn't reveal anything unusual. I'll admit though that some of your
organs, namely the Pancreus and other hormonal glands excreat at different
rates than regular humans. I was also surprised to see so little decay in
neurons with the cerebellum. Other GREL that I've inspected haven't had
that anomaly. Though you aren't a Minerva or Morgana." The woman smile
wryly.

Looking back at the hologram screen, Lania continued. "We ran simulations
of your chemical makeup against the samples provided to us by Mr. Ash of
Ms. Sanz's chemical and genetic makeup. There is nothing that I can detect
which would make you dangerous to anyone, except if you wanted to."

"Doctor, there are visitors wishing to come in," a nurse assistant
intruded, leaning into the room. "There is a Ms. Esperenz, Ms. Li Song and
Ms. Edden, who you inspected earlier. They say that their close friends. I
wanted to check if it was OK."

The Doctor nodded. "I don't have a problem with that." Lania turned to
Tina. "Are they your friends?"

[...]