[HG-PBEM] Re: Things shaping up

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 23:11:14 -0700
On 6 Feb 2003, at 0:32, Grizzly wrote:

> I didn't get all of the message.  It sort of got jumbled up.  What format
> were you using when you sent it?

It may be the mailing list. I'll resend the Nemesis Cheetah concept
spreadsheet directly to you in a subsequent email.

> Also I understand that you were emphasizing racing for this game.  Can you
> explain a bit more what you mean?  i'm not planning to outfit my gear with
> tons of weapons but I just want to make sure that I am in the spirit of the
> game.

We'll see how things play out, but I think of this as Rollerball in Gears,
racing to the finish line while fighting off your competition. This is the
structure of the Innsbruck Death Track 1000 persented in the Duelist
Handbook. Logically, it makes sense for a team to have both runners
and blockers. runner are fast and small. They carry weapon systems
that allow them to use their speed and agility. Blockers, on the other
hand, are larger (i.e. Jory's Tiger) and use their heavier armor and mass
to play screen. Blockers aren't exactly slow either, just not as nimble.

Obviously some races will be different, more dueling or more racing,
but generally that sums it up.