[HG-PBEM] Re: The brave, the few; What next?

  • From: "Grizzly" <irongrizzly@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 21:28:00 -0500

[G: Hey Dave.  What email client are you using?]

As the jeep speeded forward, a squad of security guard ran out of a
stairwell door right in front of the speeding jeep. Shouts and hollers
stammered as the guards scattered, trying to avoid getting hit.

"Outta the Way!" Keavy yelled, trying to be heard over the noise of the
Antelopes engine. She thought about slowing down but there was the matter of
the grenade behind them. Instead she just pressed even harder on the
accelerator and plotted her course through the guards.

Terry ignored the guards as his attention was focused on the ninja
behind him. He squeezed off multiple shots at the man hoping one would
connect and drop the fellow by the grenade.

Terry's shots ricochetted all around the fleeing man, but were unable to
connect as the man darted around the corner. The grenade still rested in
the center of the corridor, unexploded.

"Call the police?" He asked.

"Sounds good. Grab hold of something." Keavy yanked the wheel over to one
side and skidded the Antelope around a corner. The vehicle rocked wildly,
its high center of gravity not well suited to high speed turns. The front
tires hit something and bounced, skidding into another direction.

Keavy, hands gripping the wheel, fought to turn into the skid, something she
learned on the badland rally circuit. Unfortuneately she wasn't as good with
the Antelope as she was with her gear. The Antelope spun atight 180 degrees
and managed to stop short of sideswiping a building.

Keavy brushed several loose strands of hair out of her face and grinned up
at Terry. "Admit it. You love this stuff."

"Well I don't travel with you 'cause of you're looks." He joked back,
reflexively trying to get out of reach of her retaliatory strike. She was
devastatingly attractive actually - doubly sowhere speed is involved.
"Methinks the MMs are going to get away. No tinglytingly of the spiderous
ganglea." He said as he leaned out the window to watch the ineffective
guards fan out and waste their time searching.

Strapped into her seat, Keavy was unable to reach over and smack Terry for
his comment.  "Listen to the lip I get from my Boytoy." she  said as she
unbuckled herself.  The girl then slid out of the Antelope and walked around
to the hood of the jeep.  "At least they didn't seem to take anything, well
not that I could see." she said as she positioned her hands similar to the
theives.  Keavy pulled herself up and tested her balance as if she was going
into a handstand.  "That was quite a move that he made.  It takes quite a
bit of training to do a hand vault over a moving vehicle.  That guy was no
common cutpurse.  I wonder if Rohgen would know anything about him."

"Omigosh." Keavy said suddenly.  "Rohgen!  He ran into the gas."  She jumped
into the drivers seat and put the Antelope in gear.  "I hope that he's
alright."

Griz