[HG-PBEM] Re: Searching for Rohgen and party

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 12:11:32 -0600 (MDT)

Alex Altman said:

> Chance took a few steps closer to the stack and scrunched up his nose.
> "Yeah, I can smell the methane. I guess I'm wondering if someone could
> have used these vents to get down underground. Or if there are service
> tunnels or something... anything that can be used to get to where thse
> people could be hiding out." He shook his head and his nose wrinkled
> even more. "Smell must be terrible, though."

Slovenski perked up. "That's it!" He ran over beside Chance. "There must
be service tunnels that run down underneath. I'll bet that's where they
went."

"Prophet!" Ms. Dominic burst. "I hadn't even thought." She immediately
pulled out her PDA and called up the GPS module. "Let me check and... yes,
there is a maintenance shaft just over there." Whe pointed near a pile of
junk.

Slovenski ran atop the pile and tehn flagged everyone. Squinting, he then
started moving junked parts. The other's ran up to his position as he
uncovered the partially hidden access door. "It's right here," Slovenski
exclaimed. He pulled on the access lever and the door hissed and opened.
The smell was stale but not like that of the vent stack. Ladder rungs
disappeared into the darkness of the shaft.

"Is there any other way out than this," Slovenski asked Ms. Dominic.

"There shouldn't be," Dominic replied, a sound of doubt in her voice.

"I need flashlights, glowsticks, masks, the works," Slovenski told Dominic.

"You got it!" she exclaimed. With that she put a call to her security
chief back at the initial site of the attack.

Slovenski looked at Chance, Terry and Sasquatch. "You guys don't have to
come unless you really want."