[HG-PBEM] Re: Meeting Chance

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:51:18 -0600 (MDT)

>> The elevator lift hummed as it ascended to Sebastian Chance's private
>> suite near the top of the Transrail Oasis Tower. Terry McMartin, Diego
>> "Chico" Augusta and Clara Anastapulos were all watching the floor
>> indicator as it gradually changed, showing that they were indeed
>> climbing.
>>
>> "I can't stress how important this is for the team," Clara reiterated
>> for the near hundredeth time to both men. Chico frowned at Clara. "I
>> know," he replied, casting a look at Terry.
>
> "What kind of wine and dine budget do we have for our biggest client?"
> Terry asked, ignoring both of their natterings.
>
> "They should be wanting to wine and dine us," Clara answered Terry.
>
> The lift suddenly dinged, indicating that they had reached the floor.
> The doors then slid open, opening into a fully furnished entree. A
> petite woman stood, poised as if at attention, in centerview. In seeing
> the threesome, she gestured to them to enter.
>
> "Ms. Anastapulos, Mr. McMartin and Mr. Augusta," she announced. "Please,
> come in." She reached out her hand toward Clara who had exited first,
> shaking it firmly but with gentle strength. "It is a pleasure. My name
> is Nadia Detzer." She reach out one hand to Chico and then the other to
> Terry.

Chico took the young woman's hand gracefully. "It is a pleasure, Miss
Detzer."

[...Terry?]

Nadia nodded. "If you'll come with me, I'll introduce you to my father and
our celebrity. They are waiting in the other room.

She led them through a set of double doors that opened into a massive room
lined with couches, a few tables and a full vista of windows that looked
out over the Core. Two men dressed in semi-formal attire stood straight
ahead, looking out the window.

"Daddy," Nadia called. "The representatives form the Redliners are here."

The shorter and fatter man turned, giving off an inquisitive look. He
looked at his watch and tehn appeared to relax "Ah, I lost track of the
time. You're right on schedule. Good," he declared, stepping forward.

[...]

[GM: OK, Alex, here we go.]

Dennis D. Kirkpatrick
Littleton, CO USA