[HG-PBEM] Re: In the Waiting Room

  • From: "John Guilfoyle" <john.guilfoyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 02:06:51 -0600

> Finally Chance gave up. "So, was anyone hurt badly? Are things gonna be
okay?"

> Shamus stood leaning against a wall, his arms folded with a sour
> look on his face.  He looked more than a little out of place, dressed in
> his pilot's suit standing next to a potted ferntree.  He rolled his eyes
> upon the appearance of the camera crew, then cast a wry glance at
> Juliette.  "Did we sign up for a racing team or a circus?"

> "Get that thing out of my face, pal," he growled at the cameraman who had
> strayed too close.

Juliette, who was very glad the excurion out beyond the core had gone as
well as it had, smiled at her teammate crookedly as she worked her damp hair
out of a simple ponytail. Letting her dark curls tumble free, she returned,
"So far, definitely a circus. I wish I had known to bring my big red shoes."