[HG-PBEM] Re: In the Waiting Room

  • From: Robb Neumann <robbneu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 13:26:49 -0600

On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 09:48  AM, Alex Altman wrote:

>> Shamus looked to Juliette.  "Hey Lemanz, what are we still doing here,
>> anyway?  We found the others, from what I can tell they didn't have a
>> scratch on them...  Is the Colonel throwing in the towel on the trip
>> Mother Superior's or what?"
>
> "It's amazing that you happened upon them," Chance said. "How'd you
> guys
> know they were ours, and not baddies?"

Tina quietly emerged from the examination room, her face locked in its
usual, emotionless expression.  It would have been difficult to even
know she had joined the group, were it not for Carlie, Hanna, and
Felicity being in noisy tow.

The doctor's findings, or more accurately, the lack of the doctor's
findings, disturbed the GREL tech.  She had no doubt that the twins
lacked the organization or expertise they claimed to possess, but even
they were likely more competent than how they appeared.  They wouldn't
have let the three of them go unless they had meant to do so, and if
they intended for them to escape, it was because it suited their plans.

They were only errand boys, of course, pawns of this Mother Superior
woman.  It wasn't even their plan, most likely.  But, something had
been set in motion.  Tina was free, apparently so that she could kill
Sanz for them, but there was no evidence that she was primed to do so.

Given the trouble he had caused for her, since she had signed on for
the Redliners, if the twins had asked Tina to kill the Colonel, she
might have done it as a courtesy.  But what was it this Sanz woman had
done to deserve an assassination?  What was happening?  And why, after
only a couple of weeks, were the Redliners involved in it?