[HG-PBEM] Re: Game questions

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 16:24:51 -0700 (MST)

> Here's a question -- does the company / team own most of the gears, or
> do we pilots own 'em? Will they cover at least all the repairs and
> expenses and whatnot?

Good questions--

Ownership will be a mix. Scott's character is using an Iguana purchased by
the team for him. Jory's Tiger is the team's as well. William's Bobcat is
owned by his Clan. Your character (John's) is supplying her own gear, so
she owns it, IMO. Though it still needs to get settled, Griz's character's
gear is likely on lend-lease from a major personal sponser as a field
prototype. I'd guess Shaian Mechanics. (Griz, this may have changed, but
it was where we were leaning to when last discussing your Nemesis
Cheetah.)

As for repairs, yes, repairs and maintenance will be handled at the team's
expense. Expenses related to team functions, supplies, medical (Yikes!),
and basic room and board will be handled by the team. Your salary will be
atop all this for purchasing goodies, gear gizmos, gambling and such.
There will also be bonuses for placing in a race, sharing the wealth as it
were. These bonuses will go out to everyone on the team in one way or
another.

For instance, a gear pilot that wanted a better sensor system might get
just that as a bonus if they've requested it. A pit crew might get a
better tool set that makes his crew's thresholds lower. Then again, it may
just be a cash bonus given to everyone. The point here is that you can
haggle for more than just money.

XPs will be handled outside this economic system. They will be given out
as normal, after an adventure, following the guidelines given in the
Gamemasters Guide.

Emergency Dice will work as normal as well. They will typically come from
your XPs. (i.e. A gear pilot can use Emergency dice to prevent his
character from dying from an Overkill crash or shot. It costs five
Emergency dice to do so. This principle applies to varying degrees for all
Overkill situations.)

I will also be giving every player one D6 worth of Emergency Dice if any
player guesses the adventure trivia, typically where the adventure name
comes from. [IMPORTANT! Now, if there is anyone that doesn't like this
last arrangement trivia, speak now or forever hold your peace.]

Anyone want to guess at this adventure's trivia. "What song and artist
does the title "The Shoals of Bankruptcy" come from?

Hmm, most of this might be good for The Rollout. Let me know if that
answers your questions. Later.