[HG-PBEM] Car accidents suck bad - especially when you're in them!

  • From: David Kelk <dakelk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yama <yama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:56:10 -0400

Hi Everyone:

    Sunday night around 1pm I was in a car accident.  A SUV came out of a
driveway without
looking.  I breaked, but still smacked into it.  It was a high enough speed
collision that my
air bag went off and knocked the wind right out of me.
    The long and short of it is that Karen - my passenger - and myself were
not injured.  The
wind was knocked out of me by the air bag and I have general aches and pains
- but that's
all.  I went to the hospital as a precaution, Karen chose to go home.
    The other driver has been charged with careless driving and I was told
bythe officer at
the scene that I'm not at fault.
    Most likely the car is a writeoff, but I really don't care as long as
everyone is safe.  I
don't remember well, but the front foot of the car or so was pretty mashed.
Radiator fluid
was leaking onto the road.

    Sorry for the mass BCC, but I wanted to only write one message for
everyone.  For
those of you that I hang out with on a regular basis, I'll be carless for a
while until I get
things covered with insurance.
    For the next couple of days I'll be taking it easy and resting my
bruises.
-- David Kelk