[HG-PBEM] Re: All together again

  • From: "Grizzly" <irongrizzly@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 00:13:47 -0400

> John Guilfoyle said:
>
> >> The Colonel nodded. "OK then," he acknowledged. "We'll all head
> >> back now." He knelt down, helping Rhogen to his feet and assisted the
> >> man to the jeep. "Lemanz, lead the way home. Terry, can you  radio
> >> Hanna to meet us just outside the gate. They should be
> >> waiting just inside for us to signal."
> >
> > Lemanz nodded unseen in her gear's cockput, happy that the group was
> > going to stay together. Directing Shamus and Keavy into position with
> > hand-signals and short, crisp commands, she took the lead and ran
> > active scans on the ruined city in front of them. Seeing nothing to
> > cause alarm, she set off.
>
> Jonus had offered Tina the space beside Rhogen and Carlie in the rear
> seat, taking the cargo space behind. It was the first time that Tina had
> seen Jonus smile.
>
> "It will be so good to get back," Carlie exclaimed. "I deperately need a
> shower."

"Not that I'm complaining mind you." Keavy said as she swept her Gears
optics over her assigned area.  "But this whole thing seems a little
anticlimatic.  Someone goes through the trouble of capturing our teammates
and there's no one chasing them now that they've escaped.  We load up the
Gears with live ammo and not a shot is fired."

She pulled her Cheetah in closer to the Antelope and pointed an accusing
finger at Rohgen.  "Admit it!  You're not really Rohgen but a clone..or a
pod person...an imposter.  And where's Monty?"

Griz