[HG-PBEM] Re: A Chance Meeting [Cleaned up]

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 16:21:31 -0600
On 19 Apr 2003, at 22:46, vze4qdyk@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Chance's eyes flashed with enthusiasm. "Sounds wicked. I'll take two."

Chico raised his eyebrow. "Two, eh? I'd recommend one at first. It isn't a
drink
that you gulp down. Plus, it's just after sunrise."

[...]

> > "I don't think that I know how to make that," Nadia interjected.
> >
> > Chico stood up, still looking at Sebastian with a fun smile. "I can mix
> > one, if you'd like?"
>
> Chance moved to follow Chico to the bar where he could watch.
> "Absolutely, if you don't think it'll kill me. And if you'll show
> me how you do it."

"Mixing Hard Wateroot Juice is pretty easy," Chico explained as he began
pulling bottles off the shelves. "You need just four ingredients: dark rum,
ginger beer, peychaud bitters and wateroot juice, of course." He smiled.

"First dip the glass rim in salt, then add the rum, wateroot juice and bitters
into
an ice-filled glass, tall enough to take the Ginger beer," Chico continued as
he
mixed the ingredients. "Tilting the glass, finally pour in the ginger beer. I
like
Fort James myself. It has a better kick, and it isn;t as sweet.

> Watching intently as Chico mixed, Chance spoke again. "Looks like
> you know what you are doing. Are most of you from up here?"

"I've been here in the Badlands a while myself." Chico handed Sebastian the
freshly mixed drink. "Here, I'd recommend that you sip it first. The ginger and
bitters are what gives it its burn."