[analogorgans] Re: [analogorgans]

Karen, it was not sarcasm it was advice.

Your instrument is not a good candidate for MIDI. Possibly some member who you respect might be able to explain to you why.

Karen, I pay for these groups personally, so if you cannot be polite to me, please leave the group.

noel jones, moderator ROUG
Rodgers Harpsichord
Athens, TN

On Jul 19, 2006, at 11:08 PM, Karen Lewis wrote:

Dear Noel: I thought I was through with your sarcasm when I left your group. Is this 1984?For your information, when I found out that an analog organ could be converted to MIDI, Sound Research was the first company I contacted.They informed me that they do not make equipment for my organ. The next company I contacted was Classic MIDI Works (Canada) who is reputable enuf to be the first company listed on Hauptwerk's (no doubt you've heard of that) website under resources .
                                                                          Karen Lewis

noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sound Research - Vern Jones, knows the organs well and would then be a
better resource if difficulties are met...

If the installer is a good tech, there should be no problem, but I am
aware of a church where a good pipe tech blew two solid state chime
relays, one positive and one negative, before going back to a
mechanical interface.

The equipment used was standard, but using components by different
manufacturers, no one knew which system woudl work, and this was
documented in the literature supplied with the ss units.

noel jones, moderator ROUG
Rodgers Harpsichord
Athens, TN
On Jul 18, 2006, at 4:09 PM, Charles Strack wrote:

--- noel jones wrote:

> If the manufacturer of the equipment does not know
> your organ well
> enough to know this himself, you need to find
> another manufacturer.

I think this is an unrealistic response expectation.
There are any number of generic MIDI encoding products
for use with pipe organs or various brands of
electronic organs. The manufacturer may or may not
know about a specific organ and certainly cannot be
expected to know every model of every manufacturer.

If the owner can supply a schematic, the manufacturer
would be able to determine suitability.

Manufacturer's do not normally install such
equipment--they make generic solutions and can provide
application assistance to their customers.

And since Rodgers does not, as far as I know, support
MIDI for the older organs, this is about all the
options a person has.

Charlie Strack

http://mail.yahoo.com

Karen C. Lewis, AGO