[amstereo-dmf] Re: Sony XDR F!HD

  • From: David Mitchell <davidm44509@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amstereo-dmf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 16:03:12 -0500

I love my Sony XDR F1HD. I've never had a radio with the sensitivity and
selectivity that this radio has. In Atlanta the analog channels were awful
along with the HD2 and 3's except for being able to listen to WSB-AM on 97.1
HD2 in stereo.

However, here in NE Ohio the HD2 channels seem to offer more content. Using
the Sony and my APS-13 fm antenna (pic attached) I can get 5 dance channels
in HD2's from Cleveland and Pittsburgh and a station named Joke Joke from
Cleveland. Don't ask me why but there are 3 FM stations in Pittsburgh that
carry KDKA-AM on HD3 and yet, KDKA-AM insists on running IBOC on AM 1020 as
well.

Dave in OH
(Currently 32 with snow)