[amstereo-dmf] Re: Big E Skip Opening Currently on FM

  • From: David Mitchell <davidm44509@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amstereo-dmf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 22:25:13 -0400

I didn't think to check to see if there was any E up that high and I doubt
there was at my location due to the distance of the skip on FM. I did see
where someone on you tube posted the Es they were receiving on the 2 meter
ham band and someone else posted the Es they were receiving on 166 MHz.

Caught more E skip on Saturday while on the way to Cleveland to party for
the weekend but this time it was coming from Donn's part of the country in
FL. One of the stations I remember hearing was WINK 96.9. Kept listening but
no luck in hearing WJGL or WAPE 95.1 in Jacksonville. Also anxiously waiting
to hear some of my old local FM's from Atlanta.

Dave in OH