[AMHSO] Re: who else is on the list?

  • From: "Will Pearson" <w.pearson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: amhso@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 22:15:48 +0000

Introduction time :)
I have recently finished my university career for now with a MSc in Machine
Learning and Adaptive Computing at UWE. I am trying to find a job that will
allow me
to spend some time continuing to work on my dissertation, hence why I don't
have the funds to come along to the meeting. So my main interest and my project
trying to find a way of computing where the programs in the system are
responsible for there own improvement and debugging. As such I am looking at
trying to
get evolving groups of programs that modify their offsprings source code
(unlike Tierra et Al where the the mutation is externally applied) and
cooperate to compete
for feedback from a user.
My project can be found here, http://codesoup.sourceforge.net/ , although it is
quite out of date. I am working on a document that describes more of the
why I chose this direction.
Other interests include wearable computing, neuro science and evolution. One
topic that contains some of these threads that interests me is whether Alife
techniques can tell us about the future shape of humanity (Global Brain etc) in
the day and age where more communication allows tighter control or more
democratic consenus and more is learnt about the brain and the potential for
changing it's behaviour (genetically of bio-chemically).
Anyway it shall be interesting to hear what a group of varied and intelligent
minds comes up with at your meeting.
  Will Pearson
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com