[AMHSO] introduction ( a picture says more than 10^3 words )

  • From: martin@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amhso@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 08:29:46 +0100 (CET)

Dear Alife Mutants,

You might have wondered: who are those guys that sacrifice their valuable
time to organize a workshop for someone like me ;)

Well, here is one of them, at least.

My name is Martin Schneider, and all of my life was aimed at organizing
the first rule110 winter workshop. It just took me a while to become aware
of it. Besides I have been studying Media Technology and Cognitive Science
--
I haven't finished my studies yet, although I started them way back in the
previous Millenium.

The person next to me on the picture is our little mascot Sarah Flannery,
now working for Stephen Wolfram. She is an outstanding person and offered
me an outstanding location to advertise rule110. Thank you Sarah :)
The photo was taken at the NKS summer school in Boston, where you can also
find my bio:

http://www.wolframscience.com/summerschool/2003/participants/schneider.html

I'd like to do the love-project, but I'm also very much interested in
pattern formation and sleeping cycles.
And I'm keen to find out who else wants to join those projects, and what
their perspectives are.

Cheers,
Martin