[AMHSO] about me

  • From: Meike Aulbach <sonne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amhso@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 00:47:11 +0100

Hello :)

after all those introductions you've posted so far I got a bit
concerned because you all seem to know so much and I haven't
achieved that much in my life yet..

I've grown up with computers, but my interest in them first got
deeper when I discovered internet in 1995 at the age of 14.
From this date on I was obsessed with networking, net culture
and a little bit later in 1997 with unixoid operating systems.

After school, it seemed consequential for me to go to university and
study computer science, but I had to notice that it wasnt just
the right thing for me. I'm interested in so many things, and
focusing only on a few dry topics made me feel being out of place,
and even my subsidiary subject (nebenfach) sociology couldn't
help me out much.

When I discovered the cognitive science programme at Uni Osnabrueck,
i immediately knew that this was where i wanted to go, a broad
field of topics, connecting human sciences and computer sciences.

Until now I've studied six semesters computer science at University
Hamburg and i just finished my first semester in Osnabrueck for
Cognitive Science.

Besides, I've been at festivals like HAL2001 (http://www.hal2001.org/)
and I will most likely visit HEX2005 next year (http://www.hex2005.org).

I find every rule110 key topic interesting, but I could imagine
that I'd like to work on something in a more social or human context,
something has to do with emotions, behaviour and/or culture. Evolution
and love, artificial societies and memetics for example. But I'm still
open to anything else :)

looking forward to AMHSO,
greetings,
Meike

P.S.: You might want to know that I'm hard of hearing. I guess I
will have problems with acoustic communication, especially when
it comes to spoken english. With german its a lot better but still
far from perfect. In case you really want to tell me something and
I cant understand you, just write it down on a sheet of paper or
type it into a computer ;)

--
mail: <sonne@xxxxxxxxxx>
www: http://www.sunduin.net